Etz Chaim Jewish Primary School is very proud of all the charities it supports. In 2016-2016 we raised £1,351.00.
In 2015-2016 we raised £1,866.00.
In 2014-2015 we raised £1,103.00.
In 2013-2014 we raised £1,850.00.
In 2012-2013 with just three classes in school we raised £1,325.00.
You will be able to follow our fundraising activities on the Fundraising page of our website.
You might like to help your child make their own Tzedakah (charity) Box. There are lots of ways you can make one. We have given you instructions below to make one, but feel free to let your child's creativity lead the way!
Make Your Own Tzedakah Box
You will need:
- An empty container with a plastic lid
- Decorations like stickers, sequins or buttons
- Glitter glue
1. You need to cover your container to hid any writing. This can be done by painting or by covering the container with plain or decorative paper.
2. Let your child write the word tzedakah onto the paper in Hebrew letters, don’t worry, this doesn’t have to be perfect!
3. Now the tzedakah box can be decorated. Have fun!
4. Cut a slit into the plastic lid, this might be a job for a grown-up, and put the lid back on top of the container.