DaCapo is a unique approach which combines an expertly structured syllabus with an accessible, humorous and creative approach. Not only do our pupils become skilled and thoughtful musicians, they also have fun whilst they do so.
DaCapo sessions happen once a term, for our Nursery –Year 6 classes and develop many different musical skills which are then transferred back into the classroom, such as
- singing songs and moving to the music
- playing unturned percussion
- developing rhythm, pitch and pulse
- reading rhythms in "stick" notation, reading and writing pitches on a reduced stave as well as reading pictorial notation
- Singing and handsigning solfa pitches from the full pentatonic scale
- following aural cues to start stop, walk, tiptoe, etc
- copying back simple rhythms and pitches
- developing a range of "voices" e.g. talking, humming and animal voices, and our internal "thinking voices"
- They have also used their creativity to suggest new ways to sing songs and notate the sounds made by a range of percussion instruments
Please click here to find out more about DaCapo
Please click here to view our DaCapo Concert July 2017