Safer Internet Day 2021
Safer Internet Day (SID) 2021 will be taking place on the 9th February 2021.
Children at Etz Chaim Jewish Primary School use the Internet on a regular basis as part of their creative learning. In school, we have regular 'Online Safety' activities to remind children of the importance of keeping themselves safe online.
At home, sometimes children can be given unsupervised access to the Internet. This potentially allows them to access all kinds of content (both good and bad) and bring them virtually into their homes.
Here are some tips and useful links to help you keep your children safe online:
Keep your computer in a shared area - Talk to your child about what they are doing online and, if possible, set up your computer in a shared area at home so that you can all share in the wonderful sites that are available online.
Treat your password like a tooth brush- Talk to your child and make sure they do not share their password with anyone.
Please click here to view our Digital Leaders
Please click here to see our Parent Online Safety Evening 2018-2019
Please click here to see our Safer Internet Day 2018
Please click below to view Parent Resources
Safer Internet Day 2018- Parents Pack Overview
Safer Internet Day 2018- Parents Spread the Word
Safer Internet Day 2018- Parents Quick Activities
Safer Internet Day 2018- Parents Fun Things
Safer Internet Day 2018- Parents Conversation Starters
Safer Internet Day 2018- Parents Fact Sheet
Safer Internet Day 2018- Parents Family Pledge Card
Safer Internet Day 2018- Parents Pledge Card
Here are our Digital Leaders 2018-2019
Here are our Digital Leaders 2017-2018
Here are some of our Digital Leaders 2016-2017
Please click here to view our Online Safety Assembly 2018
Please click here to view our Online Safety Assembly 2017
Some links to more information:
- Lee and Kim CEOP Video- this video encourages children to be mindful when using the internet.
- Think U Know - containing internet safety advice for those aged from 5 to 16, along with parents and teachers. This site is produced by CEOP (the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre).
- Vodafone Parents - Vodafone have lots of fantastic practical advice for parents. You can also read their 'Digital Parenting' magazine.
- Kidsmart - An award-winning internet safety programme for children.
- Know IT All -lots of useful advice for keeping yourselves and your children safe on the Internet.
- Bullying UK - information and advice about bullying for children, parents and schools.
- Childline - Childline is the free helpline for children and young people in the UK.
- CEOP- CEOP works with child protection partners across the UK to identify the main threats to children and coordinates activity against these threats to bring offenders to justice.
- UK Safer Internet Centre-The UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology.
- Internet Matters-information and advice to support you and your child when using the internet.
- Childnet-helps to make the internet a great and safe place for children.
- eSense Families-A wide-ranging collection of e-safety links and resources for parents, put together by Somerset Children and Learner Services. The page includes onward links to useful guidance for parents regarding the legal aspects of under-age children using social networking sites such as Facebook and Instagram. Scroll down the page to find more links if the picture menu at the top of the page doesn't work in your browser.
- Staying Safe Online (Google)-Quick tips and how-tos from Google that explain what you can do to stay safe and secure on the web.
- Safer Internet Day-Safer Internet Day (SID) is organised by Insafe in February of each year to promote safer and more responsible use of online technology and mobile phones, especially amongst children and young people across the world.
- Parent Protect- Advice, information on how to protect children from sexual abuse, what to do if sexual abuse has or is taking place, where to get help. Child sexual abuse Helpline
- Share Aware- Share Aware encourages families to talk about socialising safely online.
- Parent Info- Parent info examines the very modern phenomenon of social media 'sharenting'.
- Digizen-A website designed to strengthen awareness and understanding of what digital citizenship is. It encourages users of technology to be and become responsible DIGItal citiZENS.
- Platform Guides- Here you will find the most up to guides for social media, apps and platforms
- Social Media- Parents can learn how to stay safe when on social media
Please click here to download our Online Safety Policy
Please click here to download our Acceptable Use of Cameras and Mobile Phone Policy