PE and Sports Premium Funding
P.E. and school sport play a very important part in the life of Etz Chaim. We believe that P.E. and school sport contribute to the holistic development of our children and, through participation, our children build and learn more about our key values such as respect, co-operation and kindness for themselves and others.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
Primary School’s Sports Funding
Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School’s Sports Funding page.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16 to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Each school will receive £8,000 plus an extra £5 per pupil each year for the next two years The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Recently the government have committed to funding the primary school Sports Premium up until 2020 - an investment worth £750 million.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
In 2020-21, Etz Chaim Jewish Primary School will be provided with £17,680 to help improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sport.
We will use the P.E Premium money to:
- To continue to promote leadership opportunities within PE under Covid Guidelines.
- To increase confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport by providing CPD and resources for teachers (from Barnet providers/ Maccabi GB)To increase participation in out of school sporting activities and tournaments.
- To increase participation in out of school sporting activities and tournaments. This will be virtual/remotely under current guidelines
- To continue to arrange transport to and from competitive inter school sport competitions. When tournaments are able to take place
- To be part of in school and in house competitions opportunities
- To continue to improve the physical (fitness levels), social, emotional and mental health and wellbeing of our children and promote a healthy and active lifestyle
- To enable the PE Leader alongside the Deputy Head to deliver a coherent structured action plan under the PE Leader role without this impacting on her teaching role.
- To ensure outdoor sports facilities and sports equipment are safe and well-maintained.
Please click here to view a more detailed plan.
- To increase and promote leadership opportunities within PE.
- To increase confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport by providing CPD and resources for teachers (from Barnet providers/ Maccabi GB)
- To increase participation in out of school sporting activities and tournaments.
- To continue to arrange transport to and from competitive inter school sport competitions.
- To maintain the wide range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- To ensure a wide range of clubs are available and on offer for all pupils.
- To promote a healthy and active lifestyle
- To enable the PE leader to deliever a coherent structured action plan under the PE leader role without this impacting on her teaching
- To ensure outdoor sports facilities and sports equipment are safe and well-maintained
This funding has provided staff with training. Staff have given positive feedback and feel more confident, they have an improved understanding of the progression of P.E. skills as well as an increased bank of ideas on how to use the equipment effectively.