PE and Sports Premium Funding
P.E. and school sport play a very important part in the life of Etz Chaim. We believe that P.E. and school sport contribute to the holistic development of our children and, through participation, our children build and learn more about our key values such as respect, co-operation and kindness for themselves and others.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
Primary School’s Sports Funding
Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School’s Sports Funding page.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding of £150 million per annum to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school Head Teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Each school will receive £8,000 plus an extra £5 per pupil each year for the next two years The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
We will use the P.E Premium money:
- To ensure engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- To raise the profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- To increase confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- To offer a broader experience of a range of sports and physical activities to all pupils
- To increase participation in competitive sports
- To enable the PE Leader to deliver a coherent structured action plan under the PE Leader role.
- To promote a healthy and active lifestyle
- To ensure outdoor sports facilities and sports equipment are safe and well-maintained.
- To ensure children understand how to keep safe in and near water
Please click here to find out how the grant was used in 2022-23.
Please click here to find out how the grant was used in 2021-22.
Please click here to find out how the grant was used in 2020-21.