Parent E-Safety Evening 2014-2015
Etz Chaim's parent E-Safety evening was well received by all who attended.
E-safety focusses on ensuring children use new technologies, computers, mobile phones and gaming devices in a way which will keep them safe without limiting their opportunities for creation and innovation.
Luke Brent-Savage, Director of Education Child Protection Ltd, informed parents about the benefits and risks of the virtual world and showed them how they can manage those risks.
The session focussed on:
- Current trends for children and young people
- Social networking sites
- Concept of 'friendships' online
- How sexual predators engage children online
- Posting and sending images/pictures online
- Dangerous websites
- Support and tips for parents
- Working in partnership with school with advice to children on e-safety